Welcome to DisneyChannelEARS, a website and blog about Disney Channel live-action Production news, including information on TV shows, Disney Channel Original Movies and On-Air Presentations.

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Bridgit Mendler's 'Ready Or Not' Music Video to Premiere on Disney Channel August 10

[Via Pop Crush...]

Bridgit Mendler, star of the Disney Channel’s ‘Good Luck Charlie,’ will drop ‘Ready or Not,’ the first single from her debut album ‘Hello My Name Is…,’ on Aug. 3 via Radio Disney. The song, which blonde beauty Bridgit even co-wrote, will be available for purchase on Aug. 7.


“I have been writing songs since I was six years old and I’m thrilled to finally share my songs with the world,” the songwriting vet, 19, said in a press release.

The song is an uptempo pop gem with a little bit of soul woven into the mix, thanks to its sampling of The Delfonics ‘Ready or Not Here I Come (Can’t Hide From Love).’ The tune not only celebrates finding someone special, but it also reveals Mendler’s approach to life as she knows it.

Mendler had a singular mission with the song and that was to empower her fellow females. She said, “I wanted to write something that was empowering for girls. I consider myself to have been that girl sitting on the curb waiting for the world to notice.” The song is a metaphor for Mendler’s life and we have a feeling she’s going to be noticed even more once her single lands.

The accompanying vid was shot on multiple locations in Los Angeles and will feature performance footage combined with a city-wide scavenger hunt narrative. It will premiere on Aug. 10 on Disney Channel.